Classy Gaming
Main Forum

Crafting Dead Server Questions

8 replies
vaughn63 ModWar Lord
95 posts
+26 Classyness
WarLord
Hello, I have some questions about making a crafting dead server like this. I have been wondering if I should make my own server. Depending on the cost.

Question 1: How much does it cost to make a server with a 24-hour host with low lag?

Question 2: How long did it take for Classy Gaming to get this high up?

Question 3: Can a someone with experience help me if I decide to make one?

Question 4: How much work does it take to keep a server like this up?

Question 5: Is it worth having a server like this?

That is all I want to ask, mainly for the staff/owner to see. I'm wanting to make one so I can do 2 things.
1. Have all my friends play so we can get close without it being hard to find on a normal server
2. Start a small little business or warm-up for one.
Posted Mar 18, 14 · OP
0  Classyness
iWireless God
270 posts
+110 Classyness
God
Well to answer these questions from my view, i can.

Question 1: We pay a lot of money every month to keep our server up 24/7. We don't disclose our monthly costs to the public and don't release server specs, but we run on a very powerful server that a lot of minecraft servers uses.

Question 2: Not long, right when we started up we got popular because of our past experiences
Question 3: I dont know, but I cannot help sorry.
Question 4: It takes lots of time and effort from multiple people.

Question 5: No its not. Not crushing your dream here, but its the truth. Running a server takes time/money/and effort, and crafting dead isnt allowing new servers to join in, but wants to remove them all. CD:C had once 11 servers on it, it now has 7. Servers are leaving to vanilla minecraft.

I recommend, not creating a public server for CD:C but for friends only [host it off your computer its free and you can enjoy playing with friends] or even better just stick on Classy Gaming and play with your friends here and enjoy all our unique and exclusive features we have here.
Posted Mar 18, 14
0  Classyness
vaughn63 ModWar Lord
95 posts
+26 Classyness
WarLord
Ok, I wanted to start a sever to make it like a starting business to understand what its like. I might just make a vannilla first and then progress into modpacks.
Posted Mar 18, 14 · OP
0  Classyness
41 posts
+24 Classyness
Man... If only ray knew how much work had to be done on the Technical side of the server xD
2409649855.png
Posted Mar 18, 14
+4  Classyness
 Classyness

0 Down Voted

HDMI4 War Lord
6 posts
-4 Classyness
WarLord
if the server is made into pixelmon will the crafting dead server still be up? plz tell me i dident want to donate like $50 for a pixlemon server
Posted Mar 18, 14
0  Classyness
iWireless God
270 posts
+110 Classyness
God
wrote:
Ok, I wanted to start a sever to make it like a starting business to understand what its like. I might just make a vannilla first and then progress into modpacks.

Vanilla is harder than a modpack but a modpack takes more skill. Yes technical side matters on modpacks and that is why Golden is here. He is the master when it comes to technical shit.

I recommend starting vanilla and seeing how that plays out.
Posted Mar 19, 14
0  Classyness
iWireless God
270 posts
+110 Classyness
God
wrote:
if the server is made into pixelmon will the crafting dead server still be up? plz tell me i dident want to donate like $50 for a pixlemon server

Sorry man, we are shutting the CD:C server down to move to pixel mon. OF COURSE NOT! We are keeping both servers up and running, and donors will have an option to move their donation [equivalent value] to the new servers. [Can only do this once for free].
Posted Mar 19, 14
0  Classyness
vaughn63 ModWar Lord
95 posts
+26 Classyness
WarLord
Ok, I'll start off with vannilla and if that works out for me, i'll go into the modpacks. I made a Hexxit server successfully but it had some errors with saving the world and spawning in 1 location. When the modpack had to update thats what threw me off, so I stopped running it. I know a couple of people now who are running different servers and are doing pretty good with it. I'll see where I get in vanilla and thanks for the answers and suggestions.
Posted Mar 19, 14 · OP
0  Classyness
iWireless God
270 posts
+110 Classyness
God
wrote:
Ok, I'll start off with vannilla and if that works out for me, i'll go into the modpacks. I made a Hexxit server successfully but it had some errors with saving the world and spawning in 1 location. When the modpack had to update thats what threw me off, so I stopped running it. I know a couple of people now who are running different servers and are doing pretty good with it. I'll see where I get in vanilla and thanks for the answers and suggestions.

Classy Gaming is soon to offer a form of partnership for those who need it, but its not set up yet.
Posted Mar 19, 14
0  Classyness
Top Posters
334 Posts
kevzen96 Manager
322 Posts
LiamISA999 War Lord
273 Posts
killcat21 War LordTitan
270 Posts
270 Posts
Announcement of